Interested in health care? Have the drive to help others within your community? Enjoy interacting with people?
Then you may be a good fit for Job Corps’ Pharmacy Technician training area.
On the job, you will ...
- Prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist
- Measure, mix, count, label and record amounts and dosages of medications
- Fulfill prescription orders
- Establish or maintaining patient profiles
- Receive written prescriptions or refill requests
- Verify patient information is correct and accurate
- Maintain proper storage and security of drugs
Some of the career options you will have ...
As a pharmacy technician, you’ll have the skills and credentials to work in community (retail) pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, pharmaceutical production or pharmaceutical industry sales, prisons, and primary care, education, military and veterinary practices.
The credentials you will earn ...
In the Pharmacy Technician training program, you will earn nationally recognized credentials.
- PTCB Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) Certificate
- Immunizer Certificate
Students should also earn a state-issued learner’s permit and driver’s license upon completion of the program.
What you’ll need to start training ...
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (can be earned at all Job Corps centers)
- Completion of all introductory and career preparation courses
- Passing scores on all written and performance tests
- Meet academic (math and reading) requirements
- Have a clean criminal record and pass a background check and drug test
- Type 25–30 words per minute